SECURITY AWARENESS TRAINING (SAT) ONLINE
The Australian Government has implemented a maritime security framework which aims to protect Australia’s maritime industry from acts of terrorism and criminal activity. All participants in the maritime industry need to be trained in aspects of security awareness and it is mandatory for all seafarers to undergo Security Awareness Training.
AMSA Approved SAT Training
This online Security Awareness Training (SAT) course is AMSA approved (Australian Maritime Safety Authority) and meets the requirements of Regulation V1/6 Section A-VI/6 paragraph 4, Table A-VI/6 of the STCW Convention as amended.
The course has been developed by South Metropolitan Tafe, who has a long track record in delivering excellent maritime training, together with Osprey International, an Australian company specialising in international security risk management, whose team includes highly trained and experienced ex-SAS members. The partnership of Challenger and Osprey International has led to arguably the best online Security Awareness Training in Australia.
Online Security Awareness Training Course Topics
Included in your AMSA approved online SAT training are the following topics:
- What are the International maritime security policies and responsibilities of governments, companies and participants in the maritime industry
- The impact of maritime security levels on the security measures and procedures implemented on ships and in port facilities
- Recognition of potential security threats, including armed robbery and piracy
- Identifying the range of techniques to use to circumvent security measures
- Understanding security reporting procedures and related contingency plans
- Knowledge of weapons, devices and dangerous substances, and understanding the damage they may cause
- Understanding maritime security terms and definitions, with an emphasis on elements that may relate to piracy and armed robbery
- Understanding how to handle security related information and security communications
- The requirements for training, drills and exercises under the relevant conventions, codes and IMO circulars, including those relevant to anti-piracy and anti-robbery
Upon successful completion of the SAT course you will receive a certificate which will allow you to attain endorsement from AMSA